Friday 17 August 2012

Thatsa Tasty Meata Sauca!

I love everything Italian.  Good thing Adam is half ;) I get home from work the other day and he's whipping up a storm in the kitchen! A pot the size of my head was on the stove brewin' up a meaty concoction with beef, pork and lotsa veggies.  I decided to add my own flair to the meal by making my mama's garlicky caeser salad and garlicky bread, basically adding the garlic element and warding off vampires.
Mama's Caeser Salad Dressing

Ingredients

garlic
anchovies
mustard powder
egg
EVOO
pepper
worcestershire
tobasco
parmesan cheese
lemon juice

Directions

1. In a small food mixer blend egg, garlic and anchovies first to assure a smooth dressing.
2. Add all other ingredients after to taste except EVOO.
3.  Finally add EVOO at the end to get the consistency you like.
Don't forget the mints for after!


Dessert was a home run too.  A crisp, cold mug o' brew with a dollop of orange sherbet.  Our apartment was 5000 degrees that evening so this was a delightful way to end the night. 
Note: pop open windows and no balcony = sad & overheated Jess.  



No comments:

Post a Comment