Thursday 16 August 2012

Pot o' Pork





Who doesn't love pulled pork? A veggie I suppose. I had a sudden urge to crock pot something the other day and what better than a big, juicy pork butt! I had the best pork of my life a while back at a rooftop BBQ and got the recipe from my bestie. The great thing about this is that it'll last you a week! I made pulled pork pizza on day 3 that was tasty mctasterson.

Ingredients

Pork Butt
Gingerale
Sliced Pears
Good BBQ Sauce (I used Diane's)
Apple Cider Vinegar

Directions

1. Throw everything in the crock and place sliced pears on top of the butt.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours.
3. Shred pork with a fork (I'm such a poet) and mix the pear in, you may have to drain some of the juice.

I served it on a delicious fresh buns from Terra Breads with sliced red onion and coleslaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment