Monday 22 October 2012

Some Pesto and my Pooch

We've been so busy these past few weeks getting everything together for the big move to Toronto that my creative cooking flow has come to a halt temporarily. I did however slap together some fresh pesto the other night as a quick fix for my addiction. We used this on spagetti with salmon one night and as a base for pizza the next. It kept for about 5 days in the fridge.

Homemade Pesto

large garlic cloves
cups loosely packed fresh basil
1/2 cup pine nuts
2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, coarsely grated
teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Directions

1. In a food processor or blender, finely chop garlic cloves.
2. Add basil, nuts, cheese, salt and pepper, then process until finely chopped.
3. With motor running, add oil, blending until incorporated. If pesto seems dry, add more olive oil, 1 tbsp at a time.


Also, here is a cameo photo of my pooch Nemo who I will miss dearly when we move ( not to be mistaken for one of my recipes, he is just a guest star on Cheese Please ).  Nemo is the best puppy anyone could ever ask for and Mama and Papa Sawaf will take very good care of him. He watches me cook from time to time and is quite the vacuum cleaner for rogue morsels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment